Weekly posting of letters between step brothers Paul and Joe, and brother-in-law Al and Joe. These letters are in various formats, and most are very fragile. Included in the weekly posts are any clippings or photographs found in the letter. Click on the letter or photograph to enlarge it.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

February 7, 1944

Click on the letter to enlarge it. Hit your browser's back button to return to the post, and click on the next page of the letter to enlarge.
A valentine from my father, Joseph Forrai to his brother-in-law, Al Paskowicz. I am not sure whether the illustration was done by my father, or if he had one of his buddies draw it. I am also surprised that my father ended up with something he sent to Uncle Al. My father and Al were very close, and they shared the love of photography. I do have photographs that my Uncle Al took. My thoughts, are after the war, Al returned some items to my father.

To learn more about V-MAIL click the wikipedia link below:

No comments:

Post a Comment